Dr. Canfield received his undergraduate degree in chemistry at the University of California, San Diego then completed his medical education at the University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas. He completed his surgery and urology residency training at UCLA Medical Center. Dr. Canfield received his certification by the American Board of Urology in 1995.
Dr. Canfield sees patients in our San Luis Obispo office. He enjoys the time he spends with his patients, and is committed to delivering the highest quality of care with compassion and respect for his patients’ needs.
Dr Canfield has been very active in medical staff leadership:
- Chief of Surgery – Arroyo Grande Community hospital 1996-1997 Treasurer – Sierra
- Vista Regional Medical Center 1997
- Vice Chief of Staff – Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center 1998
- Chief of Staff – Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center 1999
- Chief of Surgery – Marian Medical Center 2002-2003
- Chief of Surgery French Hospital Medical Center 2014-2017
- Treasurer – French Hospital Medical Center 2018-2019
- Vice Chief of Staff – French Hospital Medical Center 2020-2021
- Chief of Staff – French Hospital Medical Center 2022-2023
And he has served on the Governing Boards of:
San Luis Obispo County Medical Society, Arroyo Grande Community Hospital, Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center, French Hospital Medical Center, Coastal Surgical Institute and Physicians Choice IPA.